(Dossier to China) WOOOOHOOO! And, I have the DHL tracking number to prove it. We are on our way to our official count down to Mei Mei! We are looking forward to hearing our log in date (LID) from China. I will get busy planning potential itineraries for our travel. We are requesting through our agency that her case be expedited because of the length of time her file has been with a US agency for adoption (2 years and counting).
I also told Adam that we had better select Mei Mei's legal first name for her adoption paperwork! Her middle name will either be Mei or Ling-Mei, and we will call her by the name she is used to, Mei Mei, unless she wants us to use a more 'American' sounding name. We have to decide before we meet her, so we really can't ask for her input. I am open to suggestions. Her legal first name should probably be Hebrew/Biblical in origin in keeping with the family trend. I am thinking Hannah Mei is nice. Adam joked she could be Ellie Mei (Clampett). Of course, Eliana could be shortened to Elli someday, so that probably won't work. Sarah Mei? Sally Mei? No, that brings up bad memories of our student loans that took forever to pay off... Abigail is a nice Hebrew name - Abbi Mei?
I love the name Maggie Mei, but not so crazy about the name Margaret. I think Maggie is super cute when it is short for Magnolia (it must be the southerner in me - or the chorus nerd who watched Show Boat one too many times...though she was Nolie for short). However, the name Magnolia Cohn is just asking for trouble! Kind of like naming your daughter Pine Cohn, or Snow Cohn. :o) I guess Maggie could just be Maggie, but not sure it fits in with the Hebrew names Adam, Benjamin & Eliana.
It is fun to think about names and getting a room prepared and buying stuff for Mei Mei. Much more fun that paperchasing. And this part of the wait is out of our hands. So...off to go look at our Marriott Rewards account and start planning!
Hugs, LB



Hooray! And thanks for the laughs with your name stream of consciousness! I'll get to work on it.
ReplyDeleteWay to go guys - we were hoping for DTC last week - hopefully this week we'll get it! Ah yes names....good call on the Pine - but I think Magnolia would fly! Either way - Maggie Mei has a great ring to our ears!
ReplyDeleteSo happy for you guys - here's to a quick LOSC!
hugs - aus and co
YEAH. Congrats! (sorry this is late). It is so surreal to follow your 2nd journey to China. Seems like just yesterday we were getting Eliana and Kai. And here you go again, for your next daughter, just as perfect and wonderful.
ReplyDeleteChristy