Hi, if you are reading, please comment! Thanks to everyone who has already commented. A special hello to my cousin Helle in Denmark – thanks for the comment! Sometimes I wonder if we are only posting for my mother-in-law and my friend Laurie back home, who is madly scrapbooking for us while snowed in. That would be fine, too, but I am curious who else might be following along on our journey! Florida folks – are you there? Dad? Heide, are you out there? We hope that everyone in northern Virginia and our family in Pennsylvania are handling the snow okay. Norman – we can receive emails, too. (Hint, hint). Hi Macey!
And, Happy Belated Birthday Martin! Adam usually calls his brother Martin 2 days before his birthday and says “Sorry I missed your birthday” – a long standing joke from a genuine error made long ago. We really did miss Martin’s birthday yesterday, so, “SORRY WE MISSED YOUR BIRTHDAY, MARTIN”! Really, so sorry – hope you had a great day! My mother will celebrate her birthday here in China – February 8th.
I am uploading photos from Saturday – 467 of them! They are mostly animal shots at the Safari Park, but there are some of us, including photos of both Ben and I bottle feeding a baby white tiger. :o) The girls were too scared. He did get a bit antsy and loud when I was feeding him and the milk ran out. He was one hungry baby! We thought about you Charlotte – we know white tigers are your favorite and they probably have a dozen or more here!
Hoping to hear from you all!
Laura Beth



I look forward to reading your blog every day and love the pictures. We have been busy shoveling out from tons of snow and also putting our bathrooms and kitchen back together (remodeling). Please continue to share your experience and I am looking forward to meeting the newest member of your family.
ReplyDeleteSara
I've been reading every day too! Sounds like you all are doing great. It made me smile to read about the girls' giggling last night! You have a beautiful family!
ReplyDeleteBeth, Mike, Nick, Jake, Ty and Mia Allen
Laura Beth, I know for sure that I'm not the only one here in Denmark that follows your blog. About every other day I translate and tell my immediate family about what's happening.
ReplyDeleteThey, as I, were quite worried about the medical tests so I'll be glad to tell them about the good news when I talk to them tomorrow.
BTW, you should be glad that you're not home in the USA with all the snow that's there. It's so much that it's even been mentioned on the news on Danish national TV. And they usually don't do that unless it's crazy wild :-D
Please continue to enjoy your stay in China
Hugs from Denmark
Helle
Hi Laura Beth,
ReplyDeleteHelle and I are following your blog closely. We are so excited for you and your family, and send our best wishes for you all.
It must be difficult to adopt an 8-year old girl, but I am certain that you and your family will succeed.
Hugs from Denmark
Jan
hello from the home front...snow is still pretty and deep. they the say the plowes may not reach us untill friday. we shall overcome. we will be ok but if I cant get to the drug store befor it snows again tuesday I shall have a small problem. ronnie and the kids have been wonderful, tthe car is all clean with no wear to go. poor ben he will have lots of snow days to make up no school on monday no word about tuesday yet. power is a wonderful thing. we are thinking about you come home soon. love and hugs gc
ReplyDeleteHellooooo...and what am I, chopped liver? Me and Ms. Karen Wells from Statesboro, Georgia are following the blog every day. We love the narratives and the photos. Thanks for all the great detail.
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to celebrating mom's birthday with you all in Beijing!
Hugs,
Big Sis
Following along with your journey from the Tidewater area of VA. I'm mom to a Hubei (Qichun) girl adopted in Jan '08 so I'm loving all the photos. We weren't able to take many due to the massive snowstorms so these are lovely to see.
ReplyDeleteSo glad to hear that things are going well so far and wishing you an easy flight home.
following along from indiana :)
ReplyDeleteHey Chop Liver....you have posted more than me and sometimes even sooner. I think b/c you get to go and see them this week we got the shout out and you'll get a big hug.
ReplyDeleteLB- Yes, much scrap booking in between shoveling. My kids are now calling any picture with a "peace sign" the Mei Mei shot. We just took one during the Super Bowl (I'll email it to you) in honor of Mei Mei.
Helle- I can't believe our snow was on your news, it has been quite a lot. They are expecting more Tues. The Federal Government is closed tomorrow. (LB - Bruce has to go to court in D.C. and that court is open, while everything else is closed, he is less than happy, we told him to take Carpool Kenny for company. Eliana may be jealous).
Keep posting I'll keep commenting until you tell me to shut up!
Laurie
Following along from the pacific NW!
ReplyDeleteOne Dianjiang,Chongqing girl; one Wuhan,Hubei girl; one 8yr old (recently adopted)Luoyang boy.
I'm with Lisa! Maybe closer to chopped liver than her (funny to say as a vegetarian), but I am still totally focused on your blog. I hope my comments have come through. I haven't been able to comment for the last few days due to change of home base during the storm (we were at the Hyatt so Rob could officiate at Erin's Bat Mitzvah). Now I have to go catch up on your last couple of days of posts.
ReplyDeleteI'm still here, Laura Beth. We went out-of-town this weekend, but I am back online and catching up on the last 2 days of posts that I missed. Love the posts and the pictures!! Keep 'em coming! No snow here in AL. But I did see about 12 very small flakes fall from the sky early this morning, does that count? LOL. Well, it counts when you live in AL and never see any snow! LOL
ReplyDeleteSorry that was me on the last comment, Amy Pritchett :-) I forgot to sign my name at the bottom. Hugs!
ReplyDeleteOkay, now I'm fully caught up. You guys would be amazed how life in DC metro came to a halt this weekend. I could have taken a nap in the middle of Reston Parkway on Saturday morning! Random question I'm hoping you can address in a future posting here: Is Mei Mei/Maya Mei/Maya adjusting to her new name? Should we be prepared to call her Maya or Mei Mei? I'm starting to see more references to her as Maya.
ReplyDeleteI am loving your pictures and comments. I hope things are going well for you.
ReplyDeleteGREAT seeing you, Maya and Eliana this evening (morning)
ReplyDeleteLoving the blog!
Rou Rou and Hui Hui want to come over to China and play:)
Talk soon- keep up the good work!
Hugs- Shelli
Greetings from Destin, FL! This is a special birthday message (Feb. 8) for Wai Po (Grandma Bonnie).....many happy returns, Grandma! What an exciting trip you all are having and it is great to read the blog and feel a part of the adventure. We are loving the pictures and comments, so keep them coming. Love to all of you, Sigrid and Arnie
ReplyDeleteI am reading your blog. I found you on the MAA yahoo list as I am also adopting through Madison, but it was crazy as I was first reading your post about getting Maya and kept looking at her picture thinking she looked so familiar. Then it dawned on me. I MET HER!!! She was probably 2 years old (I can look back in my files to be sure) and I was in China with a medical team (neurosurgery) and she was one of our patients!! I was on the OR during her surgery. I have pictures and video clips of her and she was the most adorable little kid there! Email me when you are home and settled and I will fill you in alison@theshepherdscrook.org
ReplyDeleteAlison Weibert
Following here in Ohio!
ReplyDeleteHi, I am from the Madison web group...love your description, can't look at flikr because of our internet filter. COngratulations and will keep following.
ReplyDeleteHi Laura Beth and Adam! Loving your blog! With all this snow and feeling snow bound it has been great following along your trip! The details are amazing and I feel like I am there with you! Maya looks very happy in the bathtub with Eliana even though you mentioned she prefers showers. I can just see all the Cohn girls at Elizabeth Arden in a few years! Watch out! I am attempting to get to work this morning. Hospitals never close, go figure. Hopefully everyone else stayed home. Keep the postings coming!
ReplyDeleteSuzanne Freeman
Shoot - maybe I should do a mass appeal for comments from the stalkers - this is surely the way to get people to fess up and come out of the woodwork. It is so nice to hear from folks at home and to know who is following along with the journey. I am keen to see the safari photos especially since we had asked to go there and then it was not in our itin. We'll see you soon. Love, Mel, David, Indigo and Isaac
ReplyDeleteBeen following the adventure, and glad it is going well. Does Maya Mei like snow? If so, she is all set when she gets back to Virginia!
ReplyDeleteSee you soon.
Hi Cohn Family,
ReplyDeleteWe are following along from Disney World on my blackberry. I love all the pictures and posts. Maya Mei is doing great thanks to LB and Adam, you are awesome parents! I have been following closely since we will be there in a few month for our almost 7 year old daughter. Have a wonderful time in Guangzhou.
Hugs
Stephanie
(Mickey says hello!)
We haven't been able to comment as much as we would like to because we have been so busy outside shoveling! :0) You should see Daniel's pecs? (Couldn't help but tease you all : 0 ) Believe it or not, we haven't been plowed yet but we are making a run to the grocery store for both us and Charlotte, so fear not. The boys are waiting anxiously for the plow in order to tackle the "new fort" of Wild Cherry Lane. However, they both admitted that it wouldn't be quite as good because Ben wouldn't be there to help with the planning, sculpting, etc. And, it doesn't look there is going to be much school this week, so Ben is missing very little. We miss you guys.
ReplyDeleteLisa stole my line - Following closely! We love you!
ReplyDeleteBarb
Hi Cohn Family! I have been following your amazing journey and am so excited for all of you! Love, Krista Duke
ReplyDeleteWe are watching your blog at the Children's Forum (CCTSC - Bonnie's unit). Please wish her a wonderful birthday and tell her we are missing her! The pictures are great.
ReplyDeleteLiz, Alice, Rose and Prisha
Hey Laura Beth, All--We are all so excited to meet Mei Mei and have been following your great adventure. Back here it's snow, snow, snow and more to come tomorrow (Tues). We're all shoveled out, but many neighborhoods still without power (3 days and counting) and many roads still to be plowed. I hope Mei Mei likes snow :-) Roberta
ReplyDeleteHello, Laura Beth, from FWB. Yes, I have reading, praying, and sending good things from afar. But I am a tad bit behind with the posts as we have been in New Orleans to spend time with family and friends for the Super Bowl. Absolutely wonderful!
ReplyDeleteBut most importantly, it is so amazing to see your sweet family grow. Take care and please let me know if I can do anything for you from here.
Allyn
Hi Laura Beth and family, I've enjoyed following your blog as a welcome respite from the weather and all things snowy. I look forward to hearing about your travels over the next week or so as your family bonds. Can't wait to see you and Maya Mei at Crossfield! All the best! Judy Sandler
ReplyDeleteHi Cohn Family of 5!!!!
ReplyDeleteFollowing from here in Colorado! Ironically our snow is actually melting! Yahoo! Trying to keep up with all your awesome pictures!
Love,
Kate, Derek, Ian and Macey
Hi from Atlanta, dear! Guilty of reading more than commenting :( Too busy watching the weather channel and wishing a bit of the snow would drift southward and close school for a couple of days :) Loving your photos and so happy for you all that everyone is settling in and acting like siblings. Cheers to enjoying the rest of your coast home, home, home!
ReplyDeleteTrena
Hi Laura Beth, Adam, and Family,
ReplyDeleteI am following you guys. Love the pictures and hearing about he process you all are going through in adding a new member to your family. Maya Mei is a beautiful little girl. I am also enjoying all the pictures of the places you are visiting in China -- that is someplace I will probably never have the opportunity to visit :(
Blessings for all of you and safe travels :)
Paula Figgs
Hi Eliana, Laura Beth, and family,
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for the opportunity to follow your journey. I posted a comment earlier, but not sure it went. Tell Eliana I MISS her and I can't wait to meet Mei Mei! What a snowy week here! Stay safe....and Congratulations!!!!
Love, Lori